Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I *heart* chicago

... and I especially love homeschooling in the city.

I mean, honestly, they make it so easy here to give your kids this incredible education! Today we went with a friend and her daughters to the Harold Washington Library to see Dancing in the Library: Discover Bharata Natyam. The Chicago Public Libraries have all kinds of incredible free programs.

I really thought this was one was fantastic. It was meant as a lunch hour teaser for Nayta Dance Theatre's longer main production this weekend. This made it the perfect length for kids. Before each dance, a synopsis story was told along with an explanation of some of the movements. The dances and costumes were mesmerizing. The kids were completely enthralled!

Here's one of the photos I took...

After the performance, there was a question and answer period. I learned so much today!

Like I said before, I love homeschooling here in the city :-)

No comments: