Friday, November 21, 2008

a morning with Ben Franklin

A couple of months ago, Alex read this book (it's part of Ambleside Online's Year 1)...

So, when I saw Historical Perspectives for Children presents Ben Franklin show up the Old Town School's field trip list... I knew we had to go.

I thought Alex would find it interesting but I wasn't sure how engaged Clara would be.  Well... I have to say that we were all three glued to the action on the stage.  The presentation was so well done!  The actor who played Ben Franklin never left the stage but went through several costume changes chronicling Ben Franklin's life from a child to his old age.

Here he is as a child learning a lesson about being wise with your money after paying too much for a tin whistle...
As a youth, working with his father making candles...
And as an old man...
There were several other stages that I didn't get good photographs of as well.  It was a good, educational show with a very good message.  It really, truly made history come alive for all of us!

I'm so glad we went (we almost didn't with all that we have going on this weekend)!  We will definitely plan on going if we ever see Historical Perspectives for Children show up on the field trip list again!

No comments: