Monday, August 31, 2009

it's that time of year again....

It's back to school time!

Clara is officially a 2nd grader and Alex is officially in 4th grade. They were so excited to start school this morning that they got up early, showered, ate breakfast and then asked if they could start school a half an hour before I had planned to start!

I'm really hoping to have a great year. We have new curriculum, a new organizational system and soon will have new insight into the way Clara learns. I have a good feeling about this year.

Even though we started today, I still have one more school supply order on it's way... the last of the bunch. I held out on ordering our "fun stuff" until the last moment while I figured out where we were in our homeschool budget. In the end... we just HAD to get the fun stuff regardless! :-) Thankfully it shipped out today so we should have it soon. Woo hoo... just tracked the package and it should be here tomorrow!!! The kids will be so excited! (and I will admit to being pretty excited too)

We're trying out so many new things this year... I'm trying to decide whether to post about them now or wait until we've actually used them a while first.
Anyway... we're underway for the 2009-10 school year so I hope to be back to posting here as well since I pretty much abandoned this poor blog all summer!

3 comments:

JessicaF said...

I would love to hear about the new stuff your trying. I have gotten some great info from your blog about curriculum to try, please share!!!

Tracy said...

Post about them now :-)

Jocelyne said...

Yes, do post now!!!

And have a great year. We are heading out on vacation next week, but will be up and running with more regular school when we return. Can't wait. So much fun stuff planned :)