Monday, January 25, 2010

Thank You!

(random photo since I have an aversion to photo-less posts)


I just wanted to jot a quick note to say thank you for all of the advice and encouragement you all have given me, either in person, via email or by commenting here after my post about Clara.

I have decided to loosen up the structure with her. I'm toying with an eclectic mix of Charlotte Mason, Montessori and maybe a little unschoolishness (how's that for a word?) thrown in. I'm still working it all out, so nothing is really underway yet. She's still working through Horizons Math, but I've added more living math books to our day. She's still working her way through Click 'n Spell but I'm thinking about adding some of these from Montessori for Everyone and continue using All About Spelling to explain the spelling rules. I'm having her read more to me from various books, not just a "reader". I've also started adding in a bit of copywork. She needs more writing practice to go along with the work she has been doing with her handwriting tutor so why not be copying rich texts from great books versus the simple sentences given in her handwriting book.

Like I said, I have a lot to work out still but I think I'm on the right track.

Thanks again!

2 comments:

Kez said...

Sounds like a good mix. Good luck! Anyway, just when you think you've got something that's working, she'll change again :)

aly in va said...

I say try it and see what works. Whatever you decide, you can always tweek as you go along.