Tuesday, April 1, 2008

a trip to the field

Ugh... our internet went out last night after I typed this so I had to wait until this morning to post...

Today we were asked to join another homeschooling family for a trip to the Field Museum. I love the Field, but today was extra special... we were going to go and see the Mythic Creatures exhibit! It was fabulous! I have to admit, I didn't know what to expect but we really, really enjoyed it. I honestly wouldn't mind going back again and maybe doing the audio tour.

So, since photography wasn't allowed within the Mythic Creatures exhibit, I'll share these instead...

Sue...
Hanging out waiting for our friends...

After Mythic Creatures, a trip through the Ancient Egypt exhibit and a snack, we headed upstairs to see the Pacific Islands section to go with our study of Hawaii...
(this is the Hawaiian Island section of a tile map that was on the floor at the entrance to the exhibit)

Okay... so it was dark in there and I just didn't take any pictures in there either. But it had a great display showing how the islands were (and are being) formed. Cool stuff!
Afterwards the kids wanted to play a bit so we went across the street to a little play structure that's there... we honestly about never got them on the bus to go home! (pics of that are on my other blog)

No comments: