Wednesday, October 14, 2009

a tisket... a tasket....

... an almost finished basket....
(yes... that's my basket there in the front, next to my ever-present phone)

Four the past four Tuesdays we've been taking a homeschool weaving class with some friends. The first week we worked with back strap looms. I would post photos of our projects but in order to do that Alex, Clara and I would have to actually finish our projects. At this point I'm afraid that they may be so hopelessly tangled that we may just have to happy with the weaving we completed in class.

Back to the baskets.... the first week of working on our baskets we wove the bottom. Last week we did the sides... this week we finished the top and painted or stained our baskets.

Here's Alex working on the top of his basket...
Look... his finished "hatsket"...
Fashionable, no?
Here's Clara working on hers...
Then it was time to paint...
and paint...
and then paint some more....
I stained mine. Alex painted the rim and stained the rest.

Clara painted the whole thing...
I really need to take photos of our finished baskets! I'm so proud of them! The kids did really well with the weaving and their painting. It was so much fun and I'm very grateful to my friend who arranged the class for us!

No comments: