Wednesday, February 20, 2008

shameless copy and paste job...

... from my other blog, but I thought it applied here as well.

Here's what the kids and I were watching tonight...
Yep... it's Lunar Eclipse night! This is one of those wonderful things about having kids and homeschooling (not that you have to have/do those two things to enjoy this sort of stuff... but without them, in combination, I am completely oblivious to this stuff). I don't believe I have EVER seen a lunar eclipse before. I didn't know about it until one of our homeschool friends emailed me about it this morning. We looked it up in our books and did a little online research too. Then after dinner, the stalking of the moon began. Every 15 minutes or so we would don our coats and trek down the block a bit to a break in the trees. I would have felt too silly to do this on my own, there's something about having kids with you that helps you look not quite so insane... LOL!

****
Additional bonus rambling not on other post... LOL!

You should have seen how absolutely crazy we looked! Me and two kids out after 9pm standing on the sidewalk... Clara had her yellow binoculars and Alex had this big long yellow plastic telescope that wouldn't focus worth a darn! Needless to say, people avoided making eye contact with us! LOL!

Oh... the things we do in the name of homeschooling! :-)

No comments: