Tuesday, January 27, 2009

fun with language arts..

Yesterday we decided to have a little fun with language arts. It was inspired by an impulse purchase I had made last week at a little local toy store...
Mad Libs

We started out by watching the grammar rock section of our Schoolhouse Rock DVD. We specifically concentrated on the ones about Verbs, Nouns, Adjectives and Adverbs.

After that we started doing our Mad Libs. They loved them! I just switched off between the kids at each blank. By the time we were done, even Clara had a pretty good grasp on what an adverb and adjective was. Clara discovered that the more outrageous the word she gave, the more outrageous the story became. We were laughing so hard at some of the stories. I think we did at least four stories before hunger won out and we stopped for lunch.

It was just such a fun little "lesson" that I know they'll be begging to do again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have tons of those little books but haven't done any yet with Alex...maybe I'll break them out this weekend and just play around. Sure looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves.