Thursday, January 31, 2008

Chicago History Museum

Today we used the Great Kids Museum Passport we picked up at the library on Monday to hit the Chicago History Museum.

This was their favorite section...
There was an audio tour that was available for free. They also have it on their website so you can download it onto your iPod. I downloaded it but didn't get a chance to preview it so we didn't do the audio tour. I may still check it out and if it seems okay we might do it next time. The kids LOVE audio tours.

Their favorite thing in this section was the old "L" car...
This is Clara demonstrating how slick the seats are... sigh.

The only disappointment of the day was that the Great Chicago Fire section section seemed a bit "light" for my obsessed son. This whole thing started after he checked out this...The Great Chicago Fire of 1871 (from the Graphic Library: Disasters in History series)

from the library this fall. He became so obsessed that this book held the number two slot on his Christmas list. I couldn't even guess how many times he has read it.

We really enjoyed ourselves today. I love museum days and love the winter because of that. So many of the museums in the city offer great admission deals during January and February. In February both the Art Institute AND the Field Museum have free admission. Guess where we'll be going a lot next month! :-)

Misc. fun pics from our day are on my other blog.

1 comment:

Jules said...

K took me to the History museum this summer when the special display was quilts. :) We both enjoyed the sections on the Chicago Fire and the World's Fair. You are so fortunate to have so many opportunities in the city!!

Message for Clara... I have some pictures on my blog for you. :) The post title has your name in it.