Wednesday, January 30, 2008

our sled team...

I googled my way across the internet yesterday and found this at the Crayola site. At first I thought we would do it just for fun... but now I think it might work for my activity I mentioned yesterday. I'll probably wait until next week to do it so we can see if there are any usable pictures from the ads in the Sunday paper.

Here's Alex coloring his team of dogs...
And Clara coloring hers...
And the finished product (please excuse the horribly shadowy picture)....
I did something a little different than they had in mind with hanging it. I wanted to use a clothes hanger so it was a little sturdier and portable. The kids really enjoyed making this. They even got out the dog book again so they could color their dogs like real sled dogs (Alex's team - in the back - has two huskies and one malamute.... with Clara's I don't have a clue... one has an orange head so figure that one out... lol!).

We also worked on our sled dog lap book as well. Tomorrow we'll do some more... maybe. Tomorrow may just happen to be field trip day... we'll see how the weather is when we get up.

No comments: