Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Iditarod book

Dashing Through the Snow by Sherry Shahan

In the limited time I had at the library yesterday, I managed to grab the book above and a couple of books on Alaska. Today we sat down to read a little of each book. We started with Dashing Through the Snow. We couldn't put it down! We read through the whole thing and the kids were glued to the story. The book takes you step by step through the Jr. Iditarod. The photographs are wonderful and really tie into the story nicely. They aren't just random pretty pictures... but great illustrations of what is talked about on that particular page. On one page in the book it lists what each musher must have on their sled.... I think tomorrow we may do a little activity of "packing our sled"... if it pans out anything at all like I have it in my head, I'll post it here. The book appears to be out of print... but if you see it at your library... its definitely worth checking out.

No comments: